REGISTRATION OF BUILDING WORKERS AS BENEFICIARIES
Form of application for registration of construction workers as beneficiaries
- Every building and other construction worker shall apply in Form V-1 for registration as a beneficiary under sub-section (2) of the section 12 of the Main Act.
- The application for registration, as beneficiary,shall be accompanied with the following:
- Registration fee of Rs 25/-
- proof of age;
Explanation.- Proof of age means school record, birth certificate, driving license, passport, Aadhaar identity card, LIC insurance policy or an affidavit regarding his age by the applicant or the birth certificate issued by the Village Accountant or Revenue Inspector or Officers of Local Body or by the Registrar of Births and Deaths certificate from a doctor not below the rank of Assistant Surgeon in Government Hospital/ESI Hospital/Hospitals of Local Bodies, i.e., Corporation, City Municipal Corporation, Town Municipal Corporation and Zilla Panchayats or a certificate from registered Medical Practitioner have MBBS degree or a degree in Ayurveda, Unani or Homeopathy Government and registered private Dentist with BDS qualification.
- Certificate of employment issued by recent Employer, the Chairman or Secretary or their nominee of CREDAI (Confederation of Real Estate Developers Association of India or BAI (Builders Association of India) or KSCA (Karnataka State Contractors Association) in Form V(A) or a Trade Union registered under the Trade Unions Act, 1926, in Form V(B) or an official of Labour Department of the concerned jurisdiction not below the rank of Labour Inspector in Form V(C) or the Secretary or Panchayat Development Officer of the Gram Panchayat concerned in Form V(D);
- 3 passport size photographs;
- Self attested copy of Aadhaar Card.
- The nomination shall stand revised in the name of the spouse on his acquiring a family or on the happening of any legal change in the status of the family and any chance of nomination shall intimate to the Board in Form VII
- The Secretary or other officer authorized by him in this behalf shall issue to every beneficiary an identity card with a photo of the beneficiary affixed in Form VIII.
- The Secretary of the Board shall maintain a register of beneficiaries containing the names and addresses of the construction workers registered in Form IX. The Board may maintain such other records and registers as it considers necessary.
- The Board may provide for a suitable smart card in Form VIII (A) for registered workers and digitize the process of registration and delivery of benefits and also create a database and suitable software with web application to manage the same.
20-A. Employment Certificate for continuation of existing registration.
- The beneficiary shall submit to the Registering Authority concerned every year pay slip or copy of nominal muster roll as proof of employment in building or other construction works for a minimum period of ninety days in the preceding twelve months and an Employment Certificate in Forms V(A) or V(B) or V(C) or V(D) to comply with Section 14(1) of the Act.
21.Issue of Duplicate Smart Card.
- In the case of loss of Identity card issued under sub-rule (4) of Rule 20, a duplicate smart card shall be issued by the board either on an application in Form V(F) by the registered construction worker concerned or in the event of his death by his nominee. The fee for issue of a duplicate smart card shall be Rs.50/- only.
21-A. Contribution of building worker.-
- Every construction worker whose name has been registered as a beneficiary under sub-rule (1) of Rule 20 shall contribute [subscription of Rs.75/- which shall be valid for a period of three years] or [subscription of Rs.25/- which shall be valid for a period of one year], along with an application in Form V(E), shall be remitted to the Board.
- If a beneficiary commits defaults in the payment of contribution continuously for a period of one year, he shall cease to be the beneficiary of the fund. However, with the permission of the Secretary or an officer authorized by him in this behalf, the membership may be resumed on repayment of arrears of contribution with a fine of Rs.2/- per month, subject to the condition that such resumption shall not be allowed more than twice.
22. Register of beneficiaries to be maintained by the Employer.
- Every registered employer shall maintain employment register in Form X.