Rule 40: Disability Pension, procedure and sanction etc.
The Board or authorized officer may Sanction an amount of Rs. 2000/- (Rupees one thousand only,with effect from the November 14th of 2019) per month as disability pension to a beneficiary, who is partially disabled due to any disease or accident at worksite and for an exgratia payment of not more than Rs. 2,00,000/- (Rupees two lakhs only) depending upon the percentage of disability and subject to the following conditions, namely:-
- The beneficiary cannot avail this assistance in case he has availed benefit under rule-47;
- The beneficiary shall obtain an identity card issued by the Department for the empowerment of differently abled and senior citizens;
- The registered beneficiary, must have paid his subscription fee upto date.
- The application for disability pension in Form XIV shall be submitted to the Board or authorized officer, as the case may be.
- The Board or the Officer authorized after satisfying himself about the eligibility and other criteria shall sanction the disability pension and send to the registered beneficiary, the disability pension sanction order along with the disability pension Identity Card having unique (Electronically generated) DPPO (Disability Pension Payment Order) number.
- The Board or the Officer authorized, shall decide, in case of the beneficiary, who is disabled due to any disease or accident at worksite, the quantum of ex-gratia based on the percentage of disability declared by the department for the empowerment of differently abled and senior citizens calculated according to the following formula;‑
- Formula Rs. 2,00,000 (Max. Amt) X Percentage of disability as declared by the department for the empowerment of differently abled and senior citizens = Ex-gratia amount.
- Disability Pension shall be paid through the Bank Account of the beneficiary or any other mode of transfer as may be determined by the Board.
- The beneficiary shall submit the ‘Living Certificate’ in Form XIV (A) to the sanctioning authority for each year.
- The Disability Pension granted shall be discontinued once the beneficiary attains the age of sixty years.
- The disability Pension sanctioning authority shall maintain a register in Form XIV (B).
- If it is found that the beneficiary is not eligible for Disability Pension, the application shall be rejected and the applicant be informed accordingly Provided that no such application shall be rejected unless the applicant has been given an opportunity of being heard.
- In case of death of the Disability pensioner, either the bank or the legal dependant shall inform the Board or Officer authorized, about the death of the pensioner along with the death certificate in order to close the bank account. Supporting Document:
- Photocopy of ID card attested by gazetted officer
- Original ID card submitted to the Board
- Photocopy of benificiary's bank passbook
- Provide Living Certificate every year
- Ration Card
- Employer Certificate
- Medical Report
- ID card issued by the department for the empowerment of differently abled and Senior citizens
- Photo copy of the disabled beneficiary
- Application can be submitted wihtin 6 months from the date of issue of disability ID card by competent authority
- In case of Beneficiary death, Nominee should provide death certificate to Board Application Fee : NA
- Applicant needs to submit the application
- Sumission of subcription certificate by SLI/LI
- Application processing and Verification by Senior/ Labour Inspector
- Preparation of inspection report by Senior/Labour Inspector
- Review and Approval by Secretary /Joint Secretary
- In case the data of the beneficiary is not available, the data has to be fetched from the labour officer
- Copy of the Age proof attached submitted at the time of Registration
Delivery Time (Days) : NA
Procedure for applying: